Level II Regional Trauma Center
Designated by the state as a Level II Trauma Center in 1990, we treat more than 1,600 trauma patients per year.
Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center and the New Jersey State Police are committed to the safety of our communities. We have joined forces to help to protect some of our most vulnerable members – our kids.
Visit Jersey Shore University Medical Center, a Level II Trauma Center, on the first Tuesday of each month for our car seat fitting station. Our child passenger safety technicians will make sure your car seat is the right one for your child, and help you with proper installation.
All parents and caregivers are welcome to attend this event, free of charge. No appointment necessary!
Trauma Prevention Programs
Trauma care starts with prevention. Our professionals work to identify injury trends, and develop educational programs to help keep our communities safe and injury free. These programs are offered throughout our region, free of charge.
Community Education Programs
- Drinking and distracted driving to new drivers and their parents
- Fall prevention programs for active seniors
- Child passenger safety programs for children, parents and caretakers
- Helmet safety for school-aged groups
- Health care Provider Programs Available
- Trauma education for EMT’s and paramedics/Trauma Triage and Transport – offered free of charge at your location. This course was developed by the State of New Jersey Department of Health and the Trauma Center Council. Elective CEU’s can be provided.
For additional information on any of these programs, or to discuss new programs, please contact TraumaCenter@hackensackmeridian.org.