Applying to Our Internal Medicine Residency Program
Thank you for your interest in pursuing an Internal Medicine or Preliminary Medicine Residency position at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
Applicants are urged to submit their completed applications early in September when ERAS opens. This ensures prompt review of their applications and facilitates early correspondence for those candidates selected to interview with our program.
The ERAS website can be accessed at www.aamc.org/eras.
Our residency program application requirements are:
- USMLE score of 220 and above on either Steps I and/or II; COMLEX score of 500 and above on either Steps 1 and/or II
- All premedical requirements (3 credits each for physics, chemistry, and biology). Graduates from India and Pakistan can submit 10 & 12 grade mark sheets to fulfill this requirement.
- Satisfactory completion of clinical clerkships of at least 4 week duration in each (internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry). Foreign graduates can use their Rotating Internship Certificate as verification.
- Identification of US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status. We do not accept J1 and H1b visas.
- Deadline for application acceptance is December 1.
Competitive applicants are invited for a mandatory interview that also provides an opportunity to meet our faculty, our residents and to attend Morning Report. All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, religion, place of origin, marital status, parental status, disability or any other factor.