Home » Health Professionals » Education » Graduate Medical Program » Graduate Medical Education, Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program » Obstetrics & Gynecology Concentration Goals & Learning Objectives
Obstetrics & Gynecology Concentration Goals & Learning Objectives
The goals of this program are designed to utilize a coordinated academic and pragmatic clinical environment to teach our residents the clinical skills, didactic knowledge, and professional attitude needed to practice Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The Department has adopted the Educational Objectives: Core Curriculum for Residents in Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 9th edition. In addition to the specific CREOG Educational Objectives, the Department’s goals include:
- To educate, assess, and demonstrate competency in patient care, medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism, practice-based learning and improvement, and systems-based practice.
- To develop complete proficiency in the diagnosis and management of all clinical problems in general obstetrics and gynecology.
- To provide educational opportunities that enable the resident to excel in the practice of obstetrics and gynecology.
- To stimulate the intellectual curiosity of the resident and develop proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of the medical literature.
- To establish a commitment to life-long learning through self-education and teaching others.
Educational Goals & Objectives
- Emergency Room Rotation (Year 1) (ER-PGY1)
- Gynecologic Oncology Rotation (Year 3) (ONC-PGY3)
- Gynecology Rotation (Year 1) (GYN-PGY1)
- Gynecology Rotation (Year 4) (GYN-PGY4)
- Night Float Rotation
- Obstetrics Rotation (Year 1) (OB-PGY1)
- Obstetrics Rotation (Year 2) (OB-PGY2)
- Obstetrics Rotation (Year 3) (OB-PGY3)
- Obstetrics Rotation (Year 4) (OB-PGY4)
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Rotation (Year 2) (REI-PGY2)
- Urogynecology Rotation (Year 2) (UROGYN-PGY2)
Rotations and their particulars are subject to change. The information presented is a compilation from a variety of educational sources including Education Objectives, 8th and 9th Editions and information and concepts compiled from APGO/CREOG/ACOG.