Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program Application Process
Applying to Our Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program
Applications will be accepted beginning in July for the match that takes place the following January. Please see here for FAQ for dates and other important information.
Our fellowship program application requirements are:
- A complete application to Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) site
- Your personal statement
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your training director and one from an attending psychiatrist who served as a direct clinical supervisor in the past year
- Your official medical school transcript
- An official copy of your MSPE (medical school performance evaluation/Dean’s letter)
- Your official USMLE/COMLEX score reports (steps 1, 2, 3 or equivalent)
- Identification of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status.
Hackensack Meridian Health does not accept J1 and H1b visas.
• The program director’s verification form attesting to addiction medicine (AM) fellowship eligibility. The completed form should be attached at the end of the training director LOR and uploaded into ERAS. Form found here.
In addition to the above required by ERAS, we also require a copy of your:
- Medical school diploma
- Current medical license
- ECFMG certificate
Competitive applicants are invited for a mandatory interview that also provides an opportunity to meet our faculty, residents and to tour our facility. All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, religion, place of origin, marital status, parental status, disability or any other factor.
Questions regarding the selection and application process should be e-mailed to:
Danette C. Meyer, Residency Program Coordinator
Ramon Solhkhah, M.D., MBA
Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program Training Director
Department of Psychiatry, Jersey Shore University Medical Center