About Our Speech Pathology Program
Speech Pathologists assist individuals to improve their communication abilities, including being able to understand others and to express themselves. Speech Pathologists treat a wide variety of communication impairments that can be associated with neurological conditions (including head injury and strokes), hearing loss, head/neck surgery, and developmental disorders. Speech Pathologists are also specially trained in evaluating and treating swallowing disorders (dysphagia) and work with physicians in conducting comprehensive assessments including Modified Barium Swallows and Endoscopic Swallowing Evaluations (FEES).
Therapeutic Services include:
- Oral-motor therapy
- Aphasia therapy
- Cognitive-linguistic retraining
- Speech/Language therapy
- Pediatric feeding evaluations and treatment
- Swallowing exercise programs and retraining
- VitalStim therapy for swallowing rehab
- Stuttering therapy (dysfluency)
- Voice management
- Therapeutic exercises
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Meridian Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy Center at Neptune,
2100 Route 33, Suite 2, Neptune City, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.