About Our Interventional Radiology Program
If your primary care doctor has referred you to Jersey Shore's Interventional Radiology Department for a procedure, the following information will help you feel prepared and at ease. We look forward to making your experience a positive one. Interventional radiology is a branch of medicine that uses X-ray guidance to diagnose and treat patients using minimally invasive techniques.
To learn more about the various diagnostic imaging services and procedures we perform, visit click to learn more:
- Balloon Kyphoplasty
- Carotid Stenting
- Needle Biopsy
- Percutaneous Drainage Catheters
- Percutaneous Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy
- Uterine Artery Embolization
- Vascular Access
Due to the intricate circumstances involving the interventional procedures, it is often difficult to adhere to a firm schedule. You will be given an estimated appointment time; however, please plan on being at the hospital for most of the day.
Following are some important guidelines that will help you avoid delays or postponement of your procedure:
- It is necessary to have blood work done within one month of your planned procedure. Your physician should supply you with a prescription, and if possible, please have blood work completed at Jersey Shore. Please arrange to have the results faxed to 732-776-2966.
- If you have an allergy to X-ray dye, please call 732-776-4879 for instructions.
- Please arrange to have someone drive you home after your procedure.
- Please bring a list of your medications. You may take your regular medication with a small sip of water.
- Do not take your diabetic medication since you will not be eating.
- If you take Coumadin, Lovenox, or Plavix, please call your physician to discuss holding this medication prior to your procedure.
- Please bring all X-ray studies done outside of Jersey Shore with you if they pertain to this current procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of your procedure.
- Please discuss all insurance questions with your physician. You will need to bring this insurance information with you. You may pre-register at the hospital by calling
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call 732-776-4879 and speak with one of the nurses. A staff member will call you 24 to 48 hours before your procedure to discuss further details and answer questions.
We appreciate you following the above guidelines, which will help us make your procedure go smoothly and on time.
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.