About Our Infectious Disease Program
Infectious or communicable diseases are those that can be transmitted from one person to another. While many infections can easily be managed by your primary care physician, a consultation with an infectious disease specialist may be appropriate when the diagnosis is in doubt, when the infection is severe, or when issues of antibiotic intolerance or resistance complicate therapeutic decisions. Our infectious disease physicians and nurses also provide comprehensive screening and care for HIV, AIDS, and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Areas of consultation may include the following:
- recurrent infections
- perplexing fevers
- urinary tract infections
- wound infections
- diabetic foot infections
- meningitis or encephalitis
- sexually transmitted diseases
- hepatitis B and C
- parasitic disease
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center's AIDS Ambulatory Care Clinic,
1828 West Lake Avenue, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Monmouth Regional Screening Center, 1828 West Lake Avenue, Suite 202, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Jersey Shore Infectious Disease Screening Center & Sexually Transmitted Infection Clinic,
1828 West Lake Avenue, Suite 203, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.