About Our Gastroenterology Program
The Division of Gastroenterology continues to grow at Jersey Shore, treating the full range of digestive diseases with innovative medical and surgical treatments and the latest diagnostic treatments. Many procedures are done in physician office settings, and the hospital continues to support a complex range of therapeutic services. You may see a specialist in the division for conditions that include those of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and colon.
Common treatments and visit preparations include:
- Ablation procedure for Barrett's Esophagus (BARRX)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD, Gastroscopy)
Additionally, Jersey Shore offers support groups where individuals can share their experiences and opinions, including:
- Celiac Disease (Meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at Jersey Shore University Medical Center. Call Bernice Hettesheimer to RSVP and for more information, 732-869-1162)
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Nutrition & Obesity
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.