Minimally Invasive Radiology
About Our Minimally Invasive Radiology Program
In addition to diagnostic procedures, advanced treatment options with minimally invasive radiology techniques are available at the Cancer Center.
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is a new technique that can be employed for some patients who are not candidates for surgery. Using CT or ultrasound technology as guidance, the non-surgical RFA procedure kills cancerous tissue, decreases tumor size, and offers immediate relief of symptoms.
- Embolization is a procedure which blocks blood supply to the tumor through direct entry into the artery. This method is also used to inject very high doses of chemotherapy directly into a tumor.
- Uterine fibroid embolization can be used to treat symptomatic fibroids.
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty is a procedure available to treat compression fractures of the spine.
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.