About Our Behavioral Health Program
As the area's premier provider, Meridian Behavioral Health Services has provided comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services to the residents of Monmouth and Ocean Counties since 1974. Meridian is dedicated to providing outstanding Behavioral Health Services to all members of our communities.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center offers the following services:
- Addiction Recovery Services for adults who need treatment for substance abuse and addiction in an outpatient setting including an Adult Intensive Outpatient Program, 16-week DWI educational group, and continuing care for those in recovery. Services are provided in individual, group, and family settings.
- Adult Partial Hospitalization Services to adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses who require more assistance than an outpatient service can provide but less structure than as inpatient service entails.
- Children's Partial Hospitalization includes treatment for children ages 7-13, who are experiencing serious emotional, and/or behavioral difficulties at home, in school or in the community.
- Children's Specialty Groups for children between the ages of 7 and 12 addressing anger management, coping skills, social skills and self-esteem.
- Crisis Unit including crisis intervention, assessments, linkage and referrals for adults, adolescents, and children experiencing an acute psychiatric emergency.
- Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (dTMS) is a safe, non-invasive way to treat depression for patients who have tried multiple ways to treat major depression and have had no improvement.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is a safe and effective treatment option for those suffering from severe clinical depression. ECT is recommended for patients having difficulty responding to treatments involving psychotherapy and medication.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit that provides an array of psychiatric, substance abuse, and medical services for patients age 18 years and older who are experiencing an acute exacerbation of a mental illness and require inpatient treatment for stabilization and safety.
- Outpatient Mental Health Services from short-term, solution-oriented psychotherapy to medication management, in individual, group, couple, and family settings.
- Therapeutic Nursery Treatment for children, between ages 3 and 6, who are having difficulties with aggression, impulsivity, disruptive behaviors, and social skills.
- Transitional Medication Clinic offering outpatient services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are in need of psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring.
- Booker Behavioral Health Center, 661 Shrewsbury Avenue, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
- Children's Partial Hospitalization Program,
402 Route 35 & Stratford Ave, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Park Place Program, 1011 Bond Street, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
- Parkway 100, 3535 Route 66, Building 5, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Therapeutic Nursery, 402 Route 35, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.
- Helping Someone With a Mental Illness
- Knowing When to Seek Treatment
- Mental Health Disorders in Children and Teens
- What You Need to Know About Mental Illness