Center for Breastfeeding | Maternity Care Services
We recognize that you may still need support and expert advice after you go home with your baby especially while breastfeeding. Our Center for Breastfeeding provides comprehensive outpatient lactation services by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants to assist you during this time. Prenatal consults are also available.Our mission is to promote, support and protect the breastfeeding relationship between mother and baby, and provide the necessary assistance and instruction to achieve this goal. We believe that we can accomplish this through providing information, education, evaluation and management.
Our Outpatient Breastfeeding Center is staffed by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) under the direction of a expert physician who specializes in Breastfeeding Medicine. The Center is designed to assess and treat both mother and baby at the same visit and consultation is by appointment only.
Maternal intake forms for lactation appointment
Please print and fill out the maternal intake forms, and bring to your initial visit.
Outpatient lactation consultation services include:
- General assessment of mother and baby for breastfeeding management
- Evaluation of breast milk intake during feeding
- Feeding strategies to support successful lactation
- Assistance with establishing good milk supply
- Assistance with breastfeeding premature babies or multiple births
- Managing sore nipples and other sources of breast discomfort during feedings
- Evaluation of low/slow weight gain in baby
- Preparation for return to work – pumping management
- Re-establishing milk supply/ breastfeeding after interruption
- Treatment of engorgement, plugged duct, thrush or mastitis
Maternal Care Locations
- Meridian Health Village at Jackson, 27 South Cooks Bridge Road, Jackson, NJ 08527
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, 1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.